[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Michael Conrad do5mc at friggleware.de
Sun Jun 8 14:13:45 EDT 2008

Gerhard schrieb:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:53 AM, John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm considering preparing a 'counterpoint' document (not sure if its
>> the correct term), if I could get the agreement, of our delegates to
>> bring it (and use it).  However I would probably need some help
>> analysing the packets on the APRS-IS.  For example, I do not believe
>> that TRACEn-N is favoured in Europe, but I'll have to go to the
>> databases and check.
>
> John,
>
> The number of WIDEn-N beacons generated in Europe is more than the
> double of beacons with TRACEn-N.
>
> I made a PHP CLI script which connects to the APRS-IS with a filter for
> Europe and counts the beacons which have TRACEn or WIDEn in the
> header:
> http://f5vag.eu/php/trace_wide.php
and here is a realtime Google Maps based visualisation of APRS digipeaters (from DL1LJ)
in Germany, Swiss, Austria, Luxembourg and Poland.

All yellow stars are WIDEn-n digipeaters using correct overlay symbols.
Most of them are already tracing WIDEn-n. Digipeaters with old overlays
are red, white stars are old digipeaters (using RELAY, WIDE and so on).

At this time a lot of digipeaters are migrated to the NEWn-n paradigm
and we are contacting the sysops of the remaining digipeaters.

Greetings

     Micha

PS: Gerhard, please send me an email, if you want to see french digipeaters on the map.