[aprssig] Economical APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jul 28 16:42:24 EDT 2008

At $32, the OT1+ kit is still about as cheap as you're going to get for
a KISS TNC.  Running an OT2m as a dedicated KISS TNC would be a bit of a
waste, though - I'd recommend the TNC-X for that.  If all you ever want
to do with it is KISS, the TNC-X is probably worth a few extra bucks
over the OT1+, for that matter.  It's got larger buffers and a better
demodulator.  But the OT1+ is an easy kit to build, and can do a lot of
stuff for the price.

Scott
N1VG