[aprssig] Newest model Garmin that works with d710?

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Wed Jul 23 01:24:07 EDT 2008

"Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>, Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:35:35 -0400

>It is a fantastic product for the D710 since the GPS mounts
>right on the D710 display head!  Right where it can see the sky
>AND it is a No muss, no fuss, no cables system.

It would see the sky - if it weren't for the windscreen coating :( -
so for us having a car with such coating, we still have to use a
satellite "repeater" or an external antenna with a cable.
However - the GPS710 doesn't seem to have a map display, so the user
won't be able to see other moving or fixed stations in the vicinity.
Back to the GPSMAP 276/278 (well, and still the external antenna)

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway