[aprssig] Status text & related frustrations

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 22 16:09:39 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,
                  This is a global problem due to the APRS spec change a few
years back, some countries stayed with the old and some moved
with the New paradigm n-N and some mixed both together !!!

The only real fix I believe since the APRS spec now no longer supports the
old paradigm is to encode all NEW Trackers and Programs with the New
Paradigm n-N

If the major Kit producers said enough is enough and only allowed the new
paradigm in their firmware as of now this would help.

This should have been thought out back when the new paradigm was moved, but
then who would have thought that so many would not change..

Yes again having all the old paradigm stored on websites doesn't help the
cause either and  website cleansing needs to be done by many site owners
around the world to reflect what is current and day to day use not yesterday
etc ..

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE

Message: 6