[aprssig] TM-D700 w/RC-D710

Phil - AD6NH ad6nh_lists at dslextreme.com
Tue Jul 22 13:31:14 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> > That is one of the reasons why the RC-D710
> > is already being... heavily discounted at stores.
> > A combination of poor marketing and
> > what ended up being a pretty limited accessory.
>
> Actually, it is an extremely versatile accessory, since it can
> be hooked to a Kenwood, Yeasu, ICOM, DSTAR, Alinco, or just
> about any radio or HT that exists and can turn it into  a fully
> functional D710 current up-to-date APRS radio...

I should have been more clear.. the reason why it was not popular is
because, if you use it with any radio besides the TM-V71, you have to buy
the optional cabling kit for close to $100.  By the time you added that to
the cost of the RC-D710, you may as well spend the extra few bucks and buy
the full TM-D710.  That is why I think it has not been popular.

73
Phil - AD6NH
www.aprsca.net
www.aprs2.net