[aprssig] Auto-Tuning to an APRS Repeater Frequency Object

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 14 08:52:07 EDT 2008

Kim,

Unfortunately, Kenwoods have never done the auto-shift on UHF, and so the D710 also does not recognize auto-shift.

I have asked them to add it in future upgrades.  Please share this with other groups.  Also, the original D710 firmware does not auto-tune the TONE.  But in the May 2008 firmware download, the TONE does tune.

Thanks for the note.
I'm at da beach and looking at local RF packets and kibtzing.  This morning there were 4 stations running WIDE4-4!  And the majority still are not using the new standard frequency format...

Im answering on the APRSSIG in case others have noticed.

Bob, WB4APR