[aprssig] Easier Way to Post Objects?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jul 13 11:00:26 EDT 2008

> Objects are troublesome to program and it's
> even harder to remember to do it.
>
> How about if we had a website where we could
> post objects that would find their way to FINDU?
> Will beaconing of an object on the FINDU be
> relayed to RF for travelers to see?

You closed with the right idea.  This is a local RF objective for people in the area, or people passing through.

Remember, every 10 minutes on the open highway, you are probably passing another ham.  Probably only 10% have a radio and  that is growing smaller.  Only 2% have APRS.  That is why I have hope for APRS to be this local information channel about ham radio in the area to help us find each other.   So at least when something is happening, you can find it...

Bob, WB4APR