[aprssig] TM-D710 APRS symbol (also posted ontheyahooV71/D710group)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Jul 11 14:57:22 EDT 2008

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> MHz only needs to be there if it is in the position text.  If it
> is the object name, then there is no room for it.  Also I would
> remove the + since it makes the object not appear on FINDU...

Thanks for the info. I removed the + and added SS to make it unique. As
it turns out, it would have been unique even without the SS, but there
could be other "147.320" repeater objects down the road.

> Glad to hear you are implementing it. Scan your local users,
> and you will see that 90% are still not using the new standard
> field for frequency...  A gentle note to them might help spread
> the word...

I've had the repeater object going for some time, but with the "+" in
there until now. I'll try and pass the hint about including listening
frequencies. Even non-D710 users can make use of it, but that TUNE
button is a nice feature.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH