[aprssig] TM-D710 APRS symbol (also posted on the yahoo V71/D710group)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 11 09:57:32 EDT 2008

> Our local digipeater died and as the group had one
> TM-D710 actually doing nothing i have been using
> this [as a digi]...
>
> i would love to have the correct symbol.
> So then i tried the function where you can enter
> the symbol and table. "OTHERS".
> Both ... S# or #S also give wrong symbol.

That is the correct method. The symbol should be # and the
"table" should contain the overlay character "S".  It is
interesting that this is not working?  Maybe I can try it later
on mine..

But what a waste of the D710 radio!  Maybe in  your area, people
are not yet transmitting their voice frequency in their packets
nor are there local voice frequency information objects to show
on the front panel?  See:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

Bob, WB4APR