[aprssig] TM-D710 APRS symbol (also posted on the yahoo V71/D710 group)

kai.brandt at hjemme.no kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Fri Jul 11 02:46:03 EDT 2008

[posted this here as there where no comment on the other group]

Our local digipeater died and as the group had one TM-D710 actually
doing nothing i have been using this with some trouble.

It's configured to be using the new WIDEn-N with SSn-N
I have been trapping long paths with the UIDIGI functions i.e to "remove
" WIDE4-4 etc

I have put the local UHF repeater QSY information in the comment text as
this is at the same QTH. And this works ok but the leading "]" is
confusing people. Both TH-D7/TM-D7x0 insert a special symbol in front.

So to my trouble... As this is a W3,NORn-N digi i would love to have the
correct symbol.

"New-N Digis that support SSn-N routing should get an "S"
overlay."

When configuring i.e TNC-X with XDigi i use the following format:
!6015.00NS00514.23E#
This is "S" and an "#" for the correct symbol.

Selecting digipeater from the symboltable in the 710 sends the old
symbol for digipeaters.

So then i tried the function where you can enter the symbol and table.
"OTHERS".

But i have not yet been able to select the correct symbol.
Both /# and \# gives the wrong symbol and S# or #S also give wrong symbol.

anyone?

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA