[aprssig] D-STAR VOICE value?

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Wed Jul 9 01:37:08 EDT 2008

Slamming D-Star is akin to the CW crowd slamming SSB or APRS.  It's just
another mode.  If you don't like it, you don't have to participate.   The
San Diego D-Star people (mostly from PAPA) are the nicest Hams in the
country, IMHO.

And like it or not, the DVSI CODEC in question is the standard in
PROFESSIONAL communications these days.  AMBE is used in commercial
satellite, APCO 25 phase 2, and FAA NexCom.   For the 1st time in a decade
I can point to my HT and Mobile rig and say we are using cutting edge
technology.

73,

Mark
KC7BXS