[aprssig] GPS Jamming On The Rise

Steve KB3OJW KB3OJW at RoseAndSteve.us
Tue Jul 8 11:30:40 EDT 2008

here's a great article on real world gps jamming ivo Moss Landing,
California in 2001 that i learned a lot from:

http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=43404

turns out three separate commercially available amplified tv antennas
spiked RFI and jammed a whole marina and 1k out to sea. the
reflections of the signals made them too hard to DF, they ended up
having to pull shore power to the boats in the marina until the signal
went away and then isolate the boats doing the jamming.

so, with 17 element yagis and spectrum analyzers and teams of
engineers from a university, it was not easy and they had to resort to
invasive power-cutting detection.

Steve KB3OJW