[aprssig] PIC processor for APRS info for D-STAR mobiles?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Tue Jul 8 09:46:35 EDT 2008

Yep, and all the radios support both analog and digital and are used between the two modes by most.

> If you use DPRS on a common simplex D-STAR voice calling frequency,
> then it effectively works like APRS Voice Alert.

However, just like normal FM operation, when we are in range of a repeater, we hang out there, not on simplex.  Especially considering the networking capabilities that are available from the repeater system.  I understand that your area does not have a full repeater system yet so your experience is primarily on simplex.

I would prefer to end this thread as it is now D-STAR-centric which, as already discussed, is not APRS, AX.25, or data-centric.  I will be more than happy to discuss this off-list with you further.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net