[aprssig] packet error (K3ZMC-1)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 22 11:21:57 EST 2008

> This is an old PacComm digi however, and it is
> set up according to the guide on fix14439.

>> Also, that digi is set up improperly, it
>> truncates all WIDE2-2 and WIDE3-3 packets
>> down to one hop.

>From its beacon, it appears to me to be properly configured.  It
is advertising itself as a "P" digi that supports W11,22,33,21.
This way it will support multiple hops outbound using the path
of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 and it will support 1st and second hops
inbound from other users of the same path.

So it should support the nationally receommended WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
path just fine.  Ii will also support the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 path
that was suggested was needed for the user in the weekly skywarn
net.

Bob, WB4APR