[aprssig] Follow-up to my previous posting re W0APR

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 20 15:09:57 EST 2008

> The matter of the unauthorized application
> for renewal/modification of the W0APR license
> is in the hands of FCC's...

I visited the KCAWG web site and was pleased to see that it had all the latest and greatest APRS recommendations.  Glad to see sites like this that try to educate the users.

I only found one thing that caught my eye.  There was a receommendaton about using WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 for mobiles but it indicated some words to the effect of

" Use of WIDE1-1 may work against you in rural areas, and reduce your area of transmission.  See text below."

I could not find any "text below" that elaborated on that.... but to my knwowledge, I dont know of any reason why that path would "work against you"...

Just curious if that is a hold-over from som previous edition that was copied from some other site?  In my opinion, the path W1-1,W2-1 should work as well as W2-2 in most places and can sometimes work better if near a W1-1 digi...

Just a thought.
Bob, WB4APR