[aprssig] KPC-3 & U-100 WX Station issues?

Kriss A Kliegle kliegle at verizon.net
Wed Jan 16 14:03:45 EST 2008

Been having one heck of a time getting my WX station back on line. Did hard reset and programming per Bob's reccomendations and still can't get the LTracks to copy the WX data. AB 2400, INTF GPS, GPSH 1 !!, GPSH 2 $ULTW, .... Once in a great while it will capture a line of data, but then it will not update. I remotely access it wipe out the old data in LT buffers and nothing. Laptop connected at same time as KPC-3 shows valid streams of !!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    type data every second, so U-100 is sending. In the past, turning off the KPC-3 and turning it on worked. Would happen once every few months. Now I've swapped out TNC's, cables, power leads (ground loop issues?), to no avail. Gonna put a U-500 up there now for a test, but since the nearby lighting hit, it's temp is stuck on 108 deg even w/out the probe connected! Anyone with similar issues? It's a solar powered site, and TNC, IC-2000H, U-100 are in an insulated box. Heat from radio keeps inside at 80+ degreres. I thought the issue was temp related, cause it would fail on cold nights, below 22 deg F. That shouldn't be an issue now for all parts are toasty, and were working for two months in new home until recently.
73 de Kriss
KA1GJU-3