[aprssig] Part 3/3: Updating APRS Clients (Consumer Needs)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 16 09:54:50 EST 2008

Yes, this is EXACTLY what APRS was designed to do.  Efficient
manipulation of OBJECTS to maintain the tactical picture.  Click
and enter, click and move!

Having a few GPS mobiles was nice, but we never expected there
to ever be enough GPS's.  So APRS was originally deisgned around
OBJECTS and INFO being managed by HAMS so that the served
situation participants could see what was going on.  APRS
participants and volunetters were expected to be "data entry"
points.  Then anyone could view the results.

The problem is, everyone has been playing GPS and too often, no
one is entering data.  Bob, Wb4APR