[aprssig] APRS as a Situational Awareness tool

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jan 15 21:59:41 EST 2008

Curt WE7U wrote...

(embedded reply-acks are...)

> A really good spec addition that speeds up messaging. You send the
> ack for the other station along with your next message, plus send
> the last ack received along with your ack in each ACK transmission...

Thanks for the explanation. Anything that improves throughput is a good
thing. What APRS client(s) is it compatible with? Can it be used to
exchange messages with legacy APRS clients, or does it obsolete them all
at least as far as messaging goes? Can it be used to communicate with
e.g. a HamHUD, D7, D700 or D710?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH