[aprssig] Voice Repeater object for digis

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 8 17:22:30 EST 2008

By the way, Since 1 Nov, the number of voice repeater objects
has shot up 30%.  Over 423 now.  That's approaching about 50% of
the total number of digis..  (every digi should have a
recommendation).

This represents lots of good efforts by everyone over the
holidays.
Thanks!
Bob, WB4APR

repeater.
> The intent is to provide the best voice recommendation for
> visitors for -each-digi- area.  So there is not intended to be
> separate frequency object for -every- club, but the opposite,
> Frequency recommendation coming from -every- digi.
>
> Remember, mobiles only receive these objects if they are in
> DIRECT range of a digi.  Every digi should provide SOME voice
> frequency receommendation to its in-range users.
>
> All digis in your city could all recommend only the same wide
> area frequency if that is the best way to communicate about
APRS