[aprssig] Voice Repeater object for digis

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 8 17:53:21 EST 2008

> I'm guessing you mean every *high* digi,
> not every fill-in digi?  Is  that right?

Oops sorry.  Yes, that is usually correct, since most WIDE1-1
fill-ins are not capable of the multiple beacons required to do
this.  Many others are home stations running client software
which also cannot do a DIRECT object separately from its normal
path. The LAST thing we want is objects being digipeated.
(Direct only please)...

But hey, if a WIDE1-1 fill in is out in the toolies, and there
is a good recommendation for that area, and if that digi
hardware can originate this object DIRECT ONLY, then it does not
hurt to have it also to inform its users about what frequency
might be good out there.

Bob, WB4APR

> >> The intent here is -not- to advertise every local club
repeater.
> > The intent is to provide the best voice recommendation for
> > visitors for -each-digi- area.  So there is not intended to
be a
> > separate frequency object for -every- club, but the
opposite, a