[aprssig] Carry Ons

Arno Verhoeven (PE1ICQ) pe1icq at sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl
Tue Jan 8 05:09:32 EST 2008

Dave Baxter wrote the following on 2008-01-08 10:44:
> I once flew back to London from Hong Kong via Singapore, with a Belcom
> LS202 handy in the seat pocket, during a VHF field day.   I could have
> "cleaned up" points wise if I could have transmitted!...   (I had an
> earpiece and a long lead, also a CD player in the same seat pocket if
> anyone asked!)   That was many many years back!  Absolutely zero chance
> of getting that on as hand luggage these days...   Even with a valid
> licence and no batteries..

I guess I have been lucky until now. I fly back and forth to Stockholm
about once every month. I leave either from Amsterdam or Brussels (equal
driving distance from my home)
When I think I have enough spare time in Stockholm I take my ICT-81, and
  so far I never got questioned at all three airports. I do take the
antenna off and remove the battery pack. I guess that on the X-ray
machine the thing looks too much like a cell phone...

73, Arno PE1ICQ