[aprssig] Carry Ons

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:32:01 EST 2008

I flew to Dallas last weekend for a funeral.  I took a handheld and
had no problems with security.  In fact, I almost always travel with
some sort of ham gear and I've never been questioned about it.

On this trip I did get to see the x-ray monitor as a guitar in a case
went through the machine.  I could see the woodgrain of the guitar and
it in color!  Now explain to me how they can see the wood grain of a
guitar in color.  After seeing that, I would imagine they can read the
model number off of my handheld.