[aprssig] Re: OLPC positions and MESH-ing

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:06:22 EST 2008

> >> How much future is there in this?... the window
> >> for "civilians" in the US to buy these machines
> >> domestically has closed.

The XO is an incredible little machine -- but with the extra layer of
'sugar' to make it sweet for kids, that actually decreases its
useability as a general amater/data/packet machine.   It looks like
the eeePC is the current leader as far as cute little systems goes...
My XO is going to the nephews in Peru and I'll have a different
personal solution.

73
Bill - OA4/WA7NWP

PS.  Hey Bob - do you have ARRSDOS running on yours yet???