[aprssig] APRS in Mexico

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Wed Feb 27 12:08:51 EST 2008

Submitting a position report to APRS-IS via the Internet is not exercising your Amateur Radio license.  In other words, if you are submitting your position via the Internet such that you are not transmitting on RF as an Amateur Radio operator from your sailboat, you can submit all you want without breaking any laws.

Amateur Radio regulations only apply to use of the Amateur Radio frequencies by the transmitting station.  Since you will not be transmitting on Amateur Radio frequencies from your sailboat, there is no issue with complying with the Mexican Amateur Radio regulations.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net