[aprssig] APRS in Mexico

Bill Borgstrom bill_borgstrom at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 11:49:55 EST 2008

I wrote a C program that sends my position directly to APRS-IS.  The program works great.

  Tommorrow I leave for Puerto Vallarta Mexico and I will be bringing a sailboat back to San Diego.

  I do not have a Mexican ham ticket.  I assume that I cannot use my C program in Mexico. Is this correct?  Is there a way to post my position on Steve's Find-U site without breaking Mexican laws.  There is no way for me to get a Mexican ham ticket in such a short time.

  Perhaps I could place my position 12 miles offshore in international waters.

  Bill N9TN