[aprssig] Crowded band

Earl Needham earl_needham at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 10:09:04 EST 2008

    I'm currently in Eloy, Arizona, headed for Tipton, California.  I haven't been to California in 4 or 5 years, so I'm a bit surprised to see how crowded the band is.  Strictly on RF, I'm seeing 65 stations, some as far away as 450 miles, and this from ELOY -- I'm still east of Phoenix!

    This sure doesn't happen back home in Clovis.

    I'm just guessing here, but I think I'm going to change my path to simply WIDE1-1 and depend on my mobile internet connection to allow my wife/family/friends to see were I am.  Hope this keeps everybody happy!

    7 3
    Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk