[aprssig] Has anyone else seen this?

Rory Burke rory at burke.ac
Fri Feb 1 07:31:43 EST 2008

The D7 I'm using has battery save disabled.  When listening with the
D7, the first one beacon from the D710 is never decoded. The second
and subsequent ones always are decoded. I've also sat within a few
hundred feet of the local digipeater and witnessed the same result -
the first beacon is ignored, and the second and subsequent ones are
digipeated.  I have parked within 50 feet of the local i-Gate. The
first beacon is ignored. The second and subsequent ones are i-Gated.

After running further tests, I've determined that if I change the TX
Delay of the internal TNC - Menu 601 - from the default of 200ms to
300ms, the manual beacon is decoded first time, every time, by the D7,
the local digi, and the local i-Gate.

73 - Rory
K5MBH