[aprssig] Has anyone else seen this?

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 07:17:03 EST 2008

But what radio are you using to check the 710's beacons with?

It's *that* radio (not the 710) that may have a battery save feature
enabled, that shuts down most of the RX, so it will appear that the
senders first beacon is truncated.

Disable that if you can, or run with the squelch wide open so there is
no doubt.

You won't need a TNC to tell if there is a TXDelay problem on the 710 in
that case.   You'll hear the difference between first and subsiquent
packets.

Dave G0WBX.

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk