[aprssig] Has anyone else seen this?

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:15:26 EST 2008

> After running further tests, I've determined that if I change the TX
> Delay of the internal TNC - Menu 601 - from the default of 200ms to
> 300ms, the manual beacon is decoded first time, every time, by the D7,
> the local digi, and the local i-Gate.

That agrees exactly with my 20+ years experience in packet radio.  300
ms TXD will almost always work where 200 ms will work only with the
better equipment.   So for general use, 300 ms is a good compromise
TXD setting.   For 9600 baud, 200 ms is a good base setting and 100 ms
is possible if a bit of effort is made to build a good system.

73
Bill WA7NWP