[aprssig] Google therefore Findu down

James Smith k9apr at tawg.org
Wed Aug 20 16:15:00 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

Steve Noskowicz wrote:
> Hmmmm.  My browser still times out on Google.  For Findu, the map page loads, but not the map.  After about 2 minutes of the progress swirl-y thing swirling, it stops without a message  nor a map.

Do you have javascript enabled? maps working here just fine.
> I don't need it; I just went to Findu to see if it was a problem between me and Google (Comcast) or actually Google.  I figured that if Findu works, it's between me and Google...but now...

I would say it might be a comcast to google issue.
> Does this tell me that the Google map that I see on Findu comes directly from Google and not "through" Steve's Software?

The maps are from google that's why he has a tag line that says this.
"The use of Google Maps is experimental, comments are welcome. If you
are using Internet Explorer 6 and having problems, try lowering your
security settings" So I would check your Security Settings.. Btw: not
that it matters I use FireFox 3.0 to view findu with not one issue.
> How do I interpret this symptom?

Look above Check your Security Settings.

73,
James Smith K9APR
http://www.k9apr.org