[aprssig] Help Please

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Aug 19 10:23:49 EDT 2008

Phillip ZL2TZE wrote...

> When I tell UI-View to send the object manually it is ok No 500km/h

I believe if multiple stations are beaconing objects with the same name
e.g. HAMFEST you will run into the ">500 km/h" thing at aprs.fi. If the
object name is unique as in the now recommended e.g. HFEST-ddx that
shouldn't happen.  PS - I originally came up with the "HFESTxxxx" part
of the object name on the UI-View list back in May...

     "if we adopted something like HFESTxxxx that would
      leave 4 characters for making it unique."

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH