[aprssig] Mobile Displays on FINDU & .FI

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Wed Aug 13 14:34:11 EDT 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 6:10 PM, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> When can we move from thinking about how to cleverly twist and turn
> the
> specs to make them conform to old radios with fixed firmware, to
> thinking about how to make the radios (and the spec!) really
> better? The
> numerous erratas are also a swamp, we really need an up-to-date
> coherent
> self-referencing document like the 1.01 PDF.

I agree.  But if we had formal, updated spec, how could software
developers get yelled at when their software program implements the
current spec?  Right now, with information everywhere, any non-
Kenwood software can be complained about openly when it doesn't
implement a new idea (or when it implements something in the spec
that doesn't work on Kenwoods!).