[aprssig] Email addresses in APRS

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:21:41 EDT 2008

You ask why you would include an email address at all?  Well, if
someone asks me for my email address, why should I refuse.  If I want
someone to email me questions about my station, I might want to
include my email address.

You ask why communicate via the internet?  Why not?  Aren't you
communicating via the internet right now?

You claim that in many cases there is info that can be of more
immediate help to a traveler than an email address.  Yes, so feel free
to transmit that type of information.  Geez, no one is claiming that
APRS serves only to disseminate email addresses.

Your question is not valid, it is not relevant and it does not broaden
the pool of answers, it takes the thread off-topic.  You express that
you are "concerned about this seemingly never-ending effort in amateur
radio to connect more and more radio modes to the World Wide Web."  I
think you mean the Internet, not the World Wide Web.  They are two
different things.  Get on topic or start another thread.