[aprssig] Email addresses in APRS

Gary n6lrv at cox.net
Sun Aug 10 15:48:45 EDT 2008

You argue that standardizing on an email format within APRS messages will facilitate misuse of that
info while I ask why include an email address at all? Why put an email address in there anyway if
not to invite email which, in most cases today, is communication via the internet. In many cases,
including Bob's Dallas thread, there is info that can be of more immediate help to a traveler than
an email address. The boundaries of this thread are not yours alone to define so my question is
valid, relevant, and intended to broaden the pool of answers to this potential problem of spamming
email addresses from APRS messages.
Gary R.
N6LRV