[aprssig] Email addresses in APRS

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sun Aug 10 12:40:14 EDT 2008

In my case I put the e-mail address there so people would have an
easy way to contact me if they notice a problem or if there is
something I can do to improve the IGATE.  Heck, if they just want to
get their own station online, I'm happy to help there too.  I do
admit that many operators are well aware of QRZ.com lookups and could
find my information there too, but they generally e-mail my address
in my status line.

GMail is relatively good about spam filtering.  People can always
just set up a Gmail account just for that if they would like.  It
isn't a requirement to post an e-mail address.  It's just another
dimension of accessibility in the ham community.

--Droo, K1XVM