[aprssig] Map servers down?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Aug 5 17:46:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 05:34:54PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <rtg at aapsc.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Rick Green wrote:
> >
> >>  I have not been getting any online map data from tigermap or WMSradar
> >> today.  The sky's pretty clear here, so I can understand the lack of a
> >> radar iimage, but I still don't see anything when I zoom to the entire
> >> midwest. As for the tigermaps, I haven't a clue..
> >
> > Using Xastir, or something else?
>   Yes, xastir v1.9.0
> >
> > If Xastir, check the timestamps in ~/.xastir/tmp/ directory for
> > "map.*" files.  You can also view the map images via "display
> > map.png" or "gm display map.png" or using other viewers like perhaps
> > "xv".
>   I have a 'map.gif' and a 'map.png'  gwenview shows something like a
> tigermap in map.gif, and nothing but a grey checkerboard in map.png.
> The timestamps are only ten minutes ago.  The machine has been up and
> stable for a month, and xastir has been running the whole time, but the
> maps just disappeared this morning sometime...

WMSRadar is currently serving busted images.  They're the right size, but
completely blank.  Earlier this morning it was timing out on those images,
now they're just coming in wrong.  It's on the server end.  I emailed
Gerry about it a little while ago.

> xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open

Double check that the directory containing libgdal.so.1 is in your
/etc/ld.so.conf file, and run ldconfig.  That's almost always the source
of this error.

The xastir mailing list would generally be a better place to get fast
answers for xastir-specific questions like this.

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach