[aprssig] Map servers down?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Aug 5 17:34:54 EDT 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Rick Green wrote:
>
>>  I have not been getting any online map data from tigermap or WMSradar
>> today.  The sky's pretty clear here, so I can understand the lack of a
>> radar iimage, but I still don't see anything when I zoom to the entire
>> midwest. As for the tigermaps, I haven't a clue..
>
> Using Xastir, or something else?
  Yes, xastir v1.9.0

> If Xastir, check the timestamps in ~/.xastir/tmp/ directory for
> "map.*" files.  You can also view the map images via "display
> map.png" or "gm display map.png" or using other viewers like perhaps
> "xv".
  I have a 'map.gif' and a 'map.png'  gwenview shows something like a
tigermap in map.gif, and nothing but a grey checkerboard in map.png.
The timestamps are only ten minutes ago.  The machine has been up and
stable for a month, and xastir has been running the whole time, but the
maps just disappeared this morning sometime...
   Thinking maybe xastir had stepped upon its own sensitive parts, I shut
down and attempted to restart xastir, but this is all I got:

xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open

Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin