[aprssig] Best TH-D7A after-market battery

Jason D. Triolo jasonacg at citicom.com
Sun Apr 27 18:30:09 EDT 2008

I agree with the Batteries America responses. I picked up a 7.2/1800 and
charger one year at Dayton, and the 9.6/1450 in Orlando the following
year. Their charger works well on both batteries, as well as the stock
Kenwood battery.

I'm not sure it would properly charge on the Kenwood charger, simply
because Kenwood only seems to make NiCd batteries for that radio, and
all of the after-market models are NiMH. I believe BA makes a lithium
for that radio, which of course would require a specific charger. As
good as the other two batteries are (just got home from an MS bike tour,
   where one battery got a full day's workout with life to spare), I
can't justify the expense of the lithium to get just a little more run
time, albeit far less weight.

73 de Jason, KD4ACG