[aprssig] Suggestion for APRS over Satellite

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Apr 22 10:10:34 EDT 2008

I used to run orbital prediction software on my Palm III.  Certainly an
ARM7 class device can do it, even if it might take several seconds to
calculate.  But all you have to do is run it once, get your next AOS,
and go to sleep.

That said, I don't want to be the one to have to write embedded orbital
prediction software!

Maybe there's some easier way of broadcasting pre-computed ground track
and footprint data?  It wouldn't need to stay valid or accurate for
long, maybe just a couple of passes at a time.

Scott
N1VG