[aprssig] RELAY gets through WIDEn-N don't

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 7 16:01:00 EDT 2008

Hi,
       I sent this to a user here in NZ wanting to know why he is using the
following and would he try the new n-N

Please note NZ is 95 % New Paradigm n-N there are 5 users in the North
Island that
use a mix of OLD and NEW.

You currently have the following unproto Mobile path

RELAY,WIDE3-3

The new paradigm has now removed the following TRACE,WIDE,RELAY and
replaced these with WIDEn-N

The old RELAY has been replaced with WIDE1-1,

I am wondering if you would be prepared to try the following for a 48 hour
period

WIDE1-1,WIDE3-1

If you are willing to try these settings please let me know so I can track
your progress, I assure you that if your digi and the stations around you
have implimented the new paradigm n-N you will make it to  xxxxx  all the
South Island now use this and no-one has reported
any problems.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE

-------Original  Answer from a user --------

> Hi I found that not using relay didnt get through to aprs.fi which i use
often. THe enw paradigm is used in NA which is very crowded..not >like we
are here..We only have a handfull of stations in AK and evn fewer in the
rest of the place. If I find it gets thru without that then I may >try it
again.