[aprssig] Raw Packet Questions

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 28 21:49:32 EDT 2007

>> Raw packet: XXXXXX-x>SY0P0Z,RELAY,WIDE2-2,
   qAo,N9VP:'iXl K\]146.850MHz & v-Alert=
>> What is happening here? What is 146.850MHZ telling us? The
>> mobile is using v-Alert and has a new Kenwood 710. Right?
>
> The station is using an obsolete path.
> The beacon comment indicates that the user is
> listening on 146.850 & is also using voice alert...
> was the station WB4APR-9? Bob isn't using RELAY
> all of the time, but he was for at least three
> recent beacons.

Guilty!  Rememebr, I fixed it again last week.  And after 5 hours of driving to DCC finally noticed it was back again!  I reported it to Kenwood as a BUG.  It would just not reemmeber the change back from RELAY... to WIDE1-1...

Bug was on me.  Yes, I was chainging the beacon method to WIDEN-N.  I was Saving it in PM...   But apparently I was not hitting the "USE" button.!

So, it was operator error!  My way home should finally be correct... hi hi

Bob, WB4APR