[aprssig] Raw Packet Questions

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Sep 29 23:38:36 EDT 2007

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> I was Saving it in PM...   But apparently I was not hitting the "USE"
> button.!

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. It took a bit of sleuthing to track
down that it was you that the original report was about because the sender
removed your callsign from the beacon. I looked at stations that had been
gated by the IGate that was included in that report and just scanned the list
and saw the Kenwood symbol and looked and it happened to be your D710,
and I then viewed the raw data at findu.com and searched for the MIC-E
report and found an exact match.

I didn't actually know it was a D710 until I read back to some older messages
and came across the one from you that mentioned that the D710 can include
the B frequency in the beacon comment. Nice feature!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH