[aprssig] Raw Packet Questions

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Sep 28 07:58:26 EDT 2007

Dave N0EOP wrote...

> Raw packet: XXXXXX-x>SY0P0Z,RELAY,WIDE2-2,qAo,
> N9VP:'iX
K\]146.850MHz & v-Alert=

I'm reading my email in newest to oldest order. I see Bob commented
earlier...

> I will be demonstrating a D710 at the DCC this weekend in
> Hartford, CT.  Watch as I drive up there tonight, since one
> of its main features is the automatic insertion of band B voice
> frequency  in position reports.

Looking at www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=WB4APR-9&time=1 that was
demonstrated with the "listening to frequency" changing from time to time.
It's too bad the D710A doesn't have SmartBeaconing (maybe they will get it
right in the next version) but the auto-insertion of the B frequency seems
like a worthwhile feature.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH