[aprssig] Need Path Mentoring

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Tue Sep 25 16:20:24 EDT 2007

"Brian B. Riley" <brianbr at mac.com>, Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:24:00 -0400:

>Something must be set wrong, because I do exactly that for when I
>travel from NW VT down to Springfield, MA. I pass through a region
>mid-trip where for 60-80 miles you need to use WIDE instead of WIDEN-
>N ... and It works just fine on my TMD-700A.

There's probably something wrong with my method, then (see my response
to Bob WB4APS's suggestion).
(btw, wouldn't a WIDE2-2 packet be digipeated by a WIDE digi?)

>On both my wife's and my
>rigs  PM1 is me, on the road, PM2 is Me parked, PM4, is my wife
>parked, and PM5 is my wife on the road. In my truck the PM3 is me on
>the road with RELAY, WIDE and my wife's car its the same except her
>call.

I'll sit down in the car and try the setup, with the manuals on my
knee(s) :-)
Like PM1 driving in Wn-N areas, PM2 parked in Wn-N areas, PM3 driving
in R,Tn-N areas, and PM4 parked in R,Tn-N areas.
Also, I have status texts with SM/LA2BBA (and some listening info),
OZ/LA2BBA, DL/LA2BBA, one for the home area referring to the local
crossband rpt, and one for under way in Norway - but these work.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway