[aprssig] Need Path Mentoring

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Sep 25 13:37:17 EDT 2007

It is unfortunate that one must be held up to change VHF path settings just
to travel across political borders.  The modern North American (traceable
WIDEn-N) VHF network is friendlier and more effective than that.
Happily, the modernization can be implemented by one station at a time.  We
hope a modern mobile station using the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 path can have success
using _your_ local VHF network.
73 de Cap KE6AFE

P.S.  Jan knows, using UI-View32 as a digipeater can allow support of both
traceable WIDEn-N and TRACEn-N in the short term.  But that antique RELAY
alias is clearly too old and detrimental to VHF network capacity.
http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=Paths

<snip>
> > 73 de Jan, LA2BBA
73 de LA3QMA