[aprssig] Re: D-STAR video on YouTube

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Sep 25 00:16:27 EDT 2007

I'm all for coming up with an open alternative.  Sounds like a fun
discussion for DCC.  Use the Speex codec or get the Ogg guys to come up
with something, add data services with some MEANING assigned to them,
carrying something a little more creative than NMEA sentences, make the
protocol flexible an extensible but not hugely complex... and maybe
start thinking about something better than FM and GMSK.  COFDM, maybe?
I'll leave that part to those with more RF background.

Scott
N1VG