[aprssig] Re: D-STAR video on YouTube

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:41:46 EDT 2007

I wonder if D-Star would die if someone came up with a completely open
version of digital radio.  I see all this interest in SDR and D-Star's
licensing would make it inconvenient to make a software based radio.  Will
this be the ultimate downfall?  Who here wants to buy a packet TNC when your
soundcard can basically do the same thing?  Just a thought.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.