[aprssig] AEA PK232-MBX & Reverse gating packets

Adam Ploessl adamj812 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 05:51:56 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I've been messing with APRS for the past month and have found that there is
almost no local usage or coverage in my town.   I now have an IGate
operating and would like to set up a digipeater on the opposite side of
town.

Will the PK232-MBX run UI-DIGI and act as a standalone TNC?  If so, is there
any place online with a tutorial on how to set it up? I have a location, but
it can't support a PC running UI-View.

Also, I've been reading a lot up on running APRS and IGates, but most all of
the information is about getting packets to the internet.  I would like to
use APRS while storm chasing and have the weather warnings and watch boxes
and such gated back to RF so they show up on my laptop.  Is there an easy
way to set this up in UI-View?

I asked elsewhere any they all complained that it would clog up the airwaves
with unneeded information.  I've had my IGate up for over a month and a half
and have had only 1 other user that passed through town.  The rest of the RF
packets received were WIDE3s digied in from users 100+ miles up into
Wisconsin.  I don't think congestion would be a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Adam
KD0BML