[aprssig] APRS Satellite Status

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 22 09:24:01 EDT 2007

> Just had a visible 63 degree passover of the ISS...
> I monitored 145.825 and also 145.800... zilch.
> According to the ariss.net page, the ISS hasn't
> been heard in over 6 days.  Any thoughts on this?

Yes, it comes and goes.  The crew has to reconfigure the radio
every week for its school contacts.  And it is easy to make a
mistake in setting it back for packet...

> which frequency should I be  monitoring for the
> ISS here in the US? I always thought it was 145.800
> (per  Bob's website), but the AMSAT page also shows
> an APRS digipeater on 145.825. Thanks!

Yes, they have moved it to join PCSAT-1, and ANDE digipeters on
that frequency.  I have so many web pages, would you mind
pointing me to the one that still says 145.800?  And I will fix
it .  Thanks
Bob, WB4APR