[aprssig] Scripts for UIVIEW/D7 GO-32, ARISS, and Terrestrial

gerheim at cox.net gerheim at cox.net
Wed Oct 17 19:25:14 EDT 2007

Load the 3 attachments into
<whatever> Program Files/Peak Systems/UIVIEW-32/CMD.  You'll find some similar files in there already.

When you go to Setup/Comms Settings, you'll see their names in the pull down list.  Just select the one you want (GO-32, TERR (terrestrial), or PCSAT (145.825)), and click the OK button.  It should set the D7 up for the proper mode.  It'll wind up in VFO mode no matter how it started out.

You may encounter this problem:  I only have a wall-wart supply in the shack, and when the script re-starts the TNC, this sometimes bogs the supply down, so it has to reset the entire D7.  When this happens, it goes back to 1200 baud, which won't do the trick with GO-32.  I could run it off of batteries, but this wouldn't last more than a couple hours.  And if I run the scripts, then plug it into the wall, it crashes and resets again.

The DC power cord is on order.

in APRS Server Setup, insert satgate.aprsca.net:14580.  You do this by hitting the "Insert" key _on_the_PC_keyboard_.

This should be enough to get you into the GO-32 SATGATE business!

--
-Al Gerheim

HP-49G+ Software Page:
http://members.cox.net/above